รองศาสตราจารย์ ดร.ประกาศิต สิทธิ์ธิติกุล
Language Institute, Thammasat University
- Ph.D. in Secondary and Continuing Education (with an emphasis on language and literacy education), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- M.A. in Teaching English, Kasetsart University
- B.A. (Honors) in English, Thammasat University
- Certificate in Ticketing and reservation, Lufthansa German Airlines, Frankfurt, Germany
- Certificate in In-flight Service, Thai Airways International
- Certificate in Ticketing and Tourist Guide from Tourism Authority of Thailand
Areas of Interest
- L2 Strategic Reading Processes
- Second Language Literacy/Acquisition
- Language & Intercultural Studies
- Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Qualitative Research Methods in Literacy
Academic Work and Publications
- President of Thailand TESOL 2015- 2017
- Regional Representative, ASIA TEFL (2015 to present)
- Guest Editor, AWEJ Journal (special issue, July 2016)
- Invited Judge for the National Speech Contest (Grand Final Round) in Beijing, China, 2016
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2016). Case Studies on L2 Literacy Learning of Thai EFL Learners: What a Great Challenge! English Language Teaching, Pan-Korea English Teachers Association Online Journal, p. 165-187.
- Rajani Na Ayuthaya, J. & Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2016). World Englishes-Based Lessons: Their Effects on Anxiety and Language Achievement of Thai Tertiary Students. AWEJ Journal.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit & Tangkiengsirisin, S (2016). Technology-enhanced multimedia instructioning English classrooms: A case study in Thailand. ThaiTESOL Journal.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2014). Theoretical Review of Phonics Instruction for Struggling/Beginning Readers of English. PASAA Journal, pp. 113-126.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit, 2014. Reflections on Adolescent English Literacy in Thailand, Thammasat Review, special issue.
- Sothea Seng, & Sitthitikul, Pragasit. Investigating the English Grammar Learning Strategies and their Effects: A Case Study of EFL College Students. Thailand TESOL Conference Proceedings 2013.
- Santos, J., & Sitthitikul, Pragasit. Peer Assessment for English Learners: Applications and Cooperative Learning Group. Proceedings: 1st ASEAN Plus Three Graduate Research Congress (July, 2012), p.162 – 172
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2010). Understanding L2 Acquisition in English language learners: The interplay of age-related, cognitive, and sociocultural factors and their implications for instructional practices. Journal of English Studies, 4 (June), pp. 185-193.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2010). Article Commentary of Wang, C., & Gaffney, J. S. (1998). First graders’ use of analogy in word reading. Journal of Literacy Research, 30(3), 389-403. Studies in Languages and Language Teaching, 14( 2), pp. 42-47.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2010). Article Review of Alvermann, D. E. et al. (1996). Middle and high school students’ perceptions of how they experience text-based discussions: A multicase study. Reading Research Quarterly, 31(3), 244-267. Thai TESOL Bulletin, 21(1), pp. 65-83.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2010). Using Content-Based Instruction in an EFL/ESL Reading Class Thailand TESOL: New Focus, 2, pp. 68-71.
Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2007). A comparative analysis of awareness in reading L1 and L2 texts: EFL Thai students’ strategies use, processing speed and linguistic knowledge. The Journal of ASIA TEFL, 4(3), pp. 129-160.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2006). Language and Power: Research and Reflective Perspectives as an ESL Student in the US. ThaiTESOL Bulletin, 19(2), 110-121, 22 pages.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2006). Book Review: Critical applied linguistics: A critical introduction. Journal of Language and Literacy Education, 2 (2), 28-30, 3 pages.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2007). Book Review: The social worlds of children learning to write in an urban primary school. International Journal of Progressive Education, 3(1), 8 pages.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2006). Article Review: The reading strategies of bilingual Latina/o students who are successful English readers: opportunities and obstacles. CULI e-Journal for Researching Teachers, Chulalongkorn University Language Institute, 3(1), 8 pages.
- Sitthitikul, Pragasit (2001). Exploring metacognitive reading strategies and their effects on academic learning: Case studies of ESL students in higher education in the US. HRD JOURNAL, Volume 2 (2), 81-97.