Language Institute Building, Rangsit Campus
- Currently undertaking a Ph.D. studies in Second Language Studies at Indiana University Bloomington under Thammasat University Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship
- M.Ed. in Teaching English as an International Language, Shinawatra University
- B.A. (Second Class Honors) in English, Chulalongkorn University
Areas of Interest
- High-stakes Language Testing
- Test Washback
- Language Policy
- Curriculum Design
Academic Work and Publications
- Sanonguthai, S. (2013). Ready or not? The state of Thai schools in response to the ASEAN English language policy. Thammasat Review, 16 (2), 128- 142.
Available online at http://tujournals.tu.ac.th/thammasatreview/ detailartaspx?ArticleID=172
- Sanonguthai, S. (2011). Teaching IELTS writing module through English debate: A case study in Thailand. Language Testing in Asia, 1 (4), 39- 99.
Available online at http://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/2229-0443-1-4-39
- Sanonguthai, S. (2015). A study of IELTS washback on an English immersion program in Thailand. Paper presented at Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics (GURT), Georgetown University, Washington DC, 13- 15 March 2015.
- Sanonguthai, S. (2014). The review of the Language Institute Thammasat University’s web-based software for visually- impaired students. Paper presented in the symposium session entitled Colors of Innovation in ELT: Research and Technology for Language Development in the 1st International Chulalongkorn University (CULI)- Language InstituteThammasat University (LITU) International Conference 2014: Colorful ELT for ASEAN Integration: Symposium, Workshops and Presentations, Bangkok, Thailand, 17 October 2014.
- Sanonguthai, S. (2011). The washback effects of Chulalolongkorn University Test of English Proficiency (CU-TEP) Writing Component on Assumption College Thonburi (ACT) teachers. Paper presented at the 1st Thammasat ELT International Conference: Voices in ELT, Bangkok, Thailand, 10-11 June 2011.