Undergraduate Summer Camps
Principles and purpose
The Language Institute, Thammasat University (LITU) is a public sector organisation offering English language courses to various university faculties, both at Bachelor’s and Master’s degree level, as well as English language training for external bodies in both the public and private sectors. In addition to offering English language courses within Thailand, LITU organizes English language summer camps in the UK and in Canada.
Download the summer camp brochure Click here
Download the summer camp application form Click here
- To encourage student’s interest in foreign languages.
- To expand opportunities for students to practice and develop their listening and speaking skills with people of other nationalities and also to develop a better understanding of the culture of native speakers of English through first-hand experience.
- To provide academic services to the public in line with university policy.
- To promote and enhance the reputation of the university.
To promote and enhance the reputation of the university.
Remark: Thammasat University students are able to exchange credits as follows :
- 2 EL courses = maximum of 6 credits (3 credits per course)
This is a general rule and may not apply to all students; therefore, students are advised to check with LITU as regards their situation.
|The United Kingdom (York)||17 June – 30 July 2018||จำนวน 30 คน|
|The United Kingdom (Canterbury)||17 June – 30 July 2018||จำนวน 30 คน|
|Canada (Vancouver)||25 June – 6 August 2018||จำนวน 30 คน|
**The dates are subject to change depending on the availability of flights**
Care and supervision of students
As the summer camp programme is a project under the jurisdiction of the university, LITU is required to appoint LITU instructors to supervise and mentor students.
Students will undergo intensive English training by native speakers with direct experience of teaching foreign learners. Modern teaching methods will be used, with regular feedback on student progress. Students will stay at the homes of carefully selected host families, practising their English both inside and outside the classroom and gaining an intimate insight into the culture and way of life of native speakers. There will be excursions to famous tourist sites, including historic places and picturesque towns and cities.
|The United Kingdom (York)||6 weeks||249,000 THB|
|The United Kingdom (Canterbury)||6 weeks||229,000 THB|
|Canada (Vancouver)||6 weeks||249,000 THB|
- Photocopy of ID card (for students 15 years old and over)
- House registration document
- Original authorization letter from university
- Printed transcripts of scores (from the internet)
- 3 photographs (dimensions as required for visa)
- Passport with at least 6 months validity
- Bank statement of parent/guardian (certified and stamped by bank only)
- Original letter of confirmation of employment of parent/guardian
- Business registration document (if parent/guardian has own business)
- Letter from parent/guardian authorizing student enrolment at summer camp
Remark: For the UK visa, the applicants are required to process the visa application online as well as attend their appointment at the visa application center. Applicants are also strongly advised to fill in the online application form following the guidance of LITU administrative staff and/or faculty staff.
- Submit the application form together with 10,000 THB application fee (cash only) at the Language Institute
- Submit the required documents for visa application
- Transfer the outstanding amount (219,000 THB or 239,000 THB) to the following account:
- A/C number: 475-0-37366-4
- Bangkok Bank, Rangsit sub-branch
The due date for bank transfer is 28 February 2018. Please fax the payment details together with the details of the applicant. Tel 02- 696 6000
For further enquiries, please contact
The Language Institute Thammasat University, Tha Prachan Campus
Tel./Fax. 02-2223-3758-9, 02-613-3101-3
Summer Camp 02-6235136, 02-6235138
The Language Institute Thammasat University, Rangsit Campus
Tel. 02-6966021, 02-6966028 และ 085-2281548 (คุณ อรวรรณ)